The official guide to get the best experience possible out of this application.
For version 0.8, following are the main input devices you can use:
- Gyroscope sensor and earphones with media button.
- Keyboard and mouse combo.
- Bluetooth remote.
- Go to “More Settings” menu,
- Adjust the gyroscope sensitivity to make the cursor move faster or slower (more stable).
- Adjust the size of top/bottom/left/right empty spaces around your page, the distance between the two eyes to get the ideal configuration for your cardboard or VR glasses for optimum VR/3D experience. Like in this example: Also adjust the “scale” to change how much content can fit in the same screen. Notice the difference in this example:
- You can perform continuous scrolling by dragging to the top/bottom of the screen. Simply click on your media button and move your head down/up while pressing the media button:
- If you have a bluetooth VR controller, use the mouse mode (press “Fn + D”). You can drag continuously by holding left click down and using the analogue stick.
- If you are surfing any web page and want to bookmark it, go to “More settings” menu and click “Add to bookmarks”.
- When you open a new empty tab, all your bookmarks will be listed there.
- Add your frequently visited websites to bookmarks for easier navigation :).
- Play stereoscopic side by side videos in the non-VR mode and fix their aspect ratios using the full screen actions menu.
- Long click zoom buttons to change text size.
- A basic ad pop up blocking is in place to give you less hassle while browsing.
- You can have multiple tabs. Use them!
- Play HTML5 games!
- Sign up for a Cloud 9 IDE account. Happy coding!
- Install X11VNC and connect to your remote machine using NOVNC.
- Install a local server, like Palapa Web-server and install your tools. Now, control everything from the browser.
- Watch NetFlix and other video streaming services (if you have Android 5+ and hardware DRM support). Note: we’ve put some time into this, but we never actually had the chance to test it, and nobody reported it working 🙁
- Follow us on Facebook, where we’ll be sharing promo-codes from time to time if Allah wills.
Umm… That’s it for now! More to come later if Allah wills 🙂